Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Google Does The Magical Stats For You


As a part of my digital media module, I had to connect my blog with a Google Analytics account and  talk about it. Though before starting this module I was not even aware of what all Google can do for us.


Google Analytics is a tool that collects statistics of visitors ,visiting a particular  website. According to Wikipedia, GA is the most widely used website statistics service with 57 percent of the 10 000 most popular websites currently using it. 

I used Google analytics to track my followers and doing that so was so much fun. I have to admit that every time I used to check blog statistics there was a smile on my face. It was very easy and exciting to find out from this tool that were people actually reading my blog posts or were just checking them out.

My Google Analytics account states that I have had 176 visitors since I started my account in March and 243 page view since I started blogging. The average time spent on page was 4 minutes 15 seconds that clearly indicates that my blog was read and not just flipped. I had visitors in my account from 7 different countries i.e. India , United Kingdom, Spain, Norway, United States , Russia and Australia. I had my maximum visitors from U.K and India. Most of the visitors used referral sites to visit my blogs and one 3% used search engines to visit my blog.

As a PR student I believe that Google Analytics can prove to be a very helpful tool when doing a campaign with social media websites. It can helps us in getting the answers of who, when, why ,from where and how visited the websites which can then provide a better understanding of the campaign direction. This tool  helps you measure the people who visited the website and also gives an insight about how people landed up to you website. I believe this kind of a tool is also very useful in measuring ROI after launching a PR campaign.

Over all for me using Google analytics was a wonderful experience and hopefully I will use it in my future for professional purposes also.

Sources

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Analytics
http://ebook68.com/google-analytics-3rd-edition-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment